Sunday, April 27, 2014

Redo On The Cheap

My bathroom has not had an update in 23 years. This was the year I put my foot down. A real DIY project. Of course members of the family saw nothing wrong with reaching into the back of the tank to stop the water from running in the commode. Cracked seat. No problem. Duct tape. A vanity that was over 40 years old. Just a real UGH. Not to mention just plain dingy. I had it all planned in my head. First I had to patch and paint ceiling and walls. Not my favorite. Remove the commode. I won't even go there. Now remove the vanity that refused to come off the wall. The only way was a sledge hammer and a reciprocating saw. Yikes! What a mess. Okay. Now I'm running over to Lowe's to get started. I had visions of a brand new hi tech water efficient commode. Done. Now to the vanities. Dear God! What kind of garbage are they selling. Great savings on the one that has the door hanging off. My fine period furniture in the shop doesn't cost this much. And I'm selling solid wood! Finally went to a locally owned plumbing house, My Brothers Place in Wilkes-Barre and found a nice bargain and better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment